.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Housing Market

I am still trying to figure out the market here. The average price now of a new house is above the salaries of the working class here in town. When all the new houses get built it looks like the average monthly payment is probably going to be $1500-$2500 a moth for those who buy. That is a big chunk of change for anyone. I do not think they will be selling to many who work on the Navy Base. It is too rich for my blood. I must say that it is still cheaper than a new home in Reno or Las Vegas. I just wonder who will buy these houses as there are several That have been finished since I arrived here but I do not see anyone living there. I think I saw one of them for rent they wanted $1200 a month and a large deposit. I would think you would not want a big yard as not much grows without constant watering here in the high desert and water is at a premium, yup just paid the water bill. Well maybe I'll hit a jackpot one day then I will be able to afford a house again. Hey if anyone know where all these high paying jobs in town are that must be paying $150,000 a year let me know I am curious as to how people can afford these houses unless they have sold a house for a large profit and are investing here. Last time I looked the major employers in town are Wal-Mart and the Navy Base and There are very from those two places that are making the kind of money to afford a $250,000 house. Here is the link to the story that set me off again: http://www.lahontanvalleynews.com/article/20050222/News/102220009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home