.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

$7Million for a house?

I watched this report again on the news this morning. Who in the hell is making so much money that they can afford a 7 Million dollar 2nd home. Yes lake Tahoe is beautiful but That much money? OMG I thought moving from Oklahoma making more than double the money but still less than $100K, that I was doing well. Damn, thanks for bursting my bubble. The fact that most of these people are from the Bay Area goes a long way in explaining why there are so many that can not afford to live in the city by the bay. I guess that is why you don't see very many Wal Marts there as minimum wage would not able a perso to even ride the bus unless it is $40 an hour. below is the story
Feb. 23 (ABC7) — Record sales of vacation homes are fueling an explosion in real estate prices at Lake Tahoe, and many of the buyers are from the Bay Area. The average sales price of Tahoe homes is up almost 20 percent over a year ago. For homes over a million dollars, prices are up 34 percent. In this Assignment 7 report, ABC7's Leigh Glaser gets a rare look inside some of those high end homes to see what buyers are getting for their money.
Click here to watch this report.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Dancing Bear said...

Welcolm to the real world. (Sorry) never really thought of Oklahoma as part of the real world.
I'm a Jayhawk, by the way--------------------Oakies are just Texans on their way to Nebraska.
I have lived in a service area town, for 15 years, that takes care of Telluride, CO. 7 million will get you a nice place in Telluride too, but to our northeast is a town where 7 million will get you a nice garage. (Aspen)

4:12 AM  
Blogger Old Army said...

I think that Lake Tahoe is trying to be Aspen. They have a long wa to go.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home