.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Friday, February 10, 2006

Young People

There is a post over on a message board that I frequent that started me thinking about how the younger generation views things as opposed to my generation. For some reason some young people today feel that the world should be handed to them. They choose not to vote then complain about politicians. They complain about how life sucks, their parents don't care yet do nothing but whine. They would rather cheat and abuse the system rather than make an honest living or try to take that hard road to achieve some of the things they are capable of.

Like many parents I wanted my children to have many of the things I could not but looking back on it that may have been the wrong thing to do because I kept them from learning the lessons of money management. My oldest son has it hard now because he now has to learn these the hard way. In many ways I blame myself for that. I am sure he will survive but it is hard now for me to watch him learn but I must let him and not make the path easy. I wish kids came with instructions but they do not and we must learn as we go and not regret but learn from our mistakes and allow our children to learn from theirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home