.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Monday, July 10, 2006

Writing

Well it has been a while but no one reads this anyway. My son had to write an essay for the soldier of the month board and he asked me to look at it. I was written just like his e-mails. Using u instead of you chronic misspellings and punctuation. This is how he would write I love you.
i lv u tty Translation I love you. Talk to you later. Holy shit it is like learning another language. Anyway I was very helpful in critiquing his essay. As it is to be his presentation to the board of Senior NCO's and will be their first impression of him prior to him coming before them I made a few suggestions on better presentation and professionalism in presentation.
I am getting better 15 years ago I probably would have just rewriten it for him and he would learn nothing. His subject for the essay was his own and was on a subject that he understands. He knows the problem but did not understand that you must also be ready with a solution. Oh well maybe this will help him. Now if he would just get over his shyness around women (more of a confidence thing) he would start doing ok. He does work out religiously, he would probably stop if he new I had associated his bodybuilding with religion, and is actually a pretty good kid when he trys. His biggest problem too much like his mother sometimes, that must be the Korean in him, stubborn and always has to have the last word. Seems to be attracted to bad girls, not really bad but the type that is a little rebelious. I guess that might be from me although his mom liked the badboy type and dated me because she wanted to try something different LOL. Ok that is enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home