.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Kids outsmart Web filters

As yet another reason to monitor your children's internet usage. The children of today's generation are so much more technologically savvy than say those of us in my age bracket.

I spend a lot of time trying to stay up on current problems as it is kind of my job now but there are some teckie things that I don't understand right away so I have to find a kid ( someone under 30) to explain it to me.

Examples: Ipod, setting the clock on the aftermarket CD player. It is second nature to them and they do in 30 sec what takes me the better part of an hour. I do learn and try to stay ahead of my kids but also do not let them know how I do some of my stuff like hiding web logs, not giving them admin privileges on my PC's. When they have a computer question they come to me most of the time.

It is an interesting article and hopefully will demonstrate the need for parental/adult control. Do read some of the comments. One in Particular talks about they only cared about getting through to their application be it My Space or Music. The reason is that kids do not understand that there are people who do nothing but collect info which is one of the problems with My Space, posters have never heard of TMI (To Much Information).

It is amazing what you can get from a few words that will let lead you to more information from a different location. Some adults are just as guilty as the kids and especially women who post too much info that not everyone in the world needs to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home