.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Observations of Texas

I have been back in Texas for over 6 months and thought it was time for some of my observations of the Fort Worth Area. The housing boom is alive and well here although I think that may slow down a bit with the interest rates climbing and many 1-3 year old houses on the market. I am happy I bought at the right time. The property taxes here are way too high what I paid a year in Oklahoma I pay a month here. Even Nevada the property taxes are half of what they are here. The State legislature has been trying to fix it since 2002. They are still trying but will probably resolve it as this is an election year and lowering property taxes is good for those trying to be reelected.

Now on to Texas Drivers. If you ask any one who lives in DFW what is the purpose of the speed limit sign you will get a response of either "That is a suggested speed" or "That is the minimum speed" They obviously believe that as if you go 60 or even 65 in a 65 zone you get people glaring at you, giving you the 1 finger salute. Also if you want to move over a lane do not put on your turn signal as that is the freeway signal to close in that lane so you cannot get in. This is not as bad in Fort Worth as it is in Dallas. Everyone wants to go as fast as possible many not caring about who they cut off until they cause an accident. I will write more later on politics here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home