.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Monday, March 13, 2006

Korea


Well, the youngest son has made up his mind. Looks like he is going active duty to Korea. I was a little surprised by his decision. Seeing as his mom is Korean it will be an interesting tour as GI's are a little arrogant to Koreans although he is only 1/4 Korean it may make it a little hard. The other part is most Korean's do not like mixed Korean race adults as evidenced by the wonderful life my wife encountered growing up there. With his job he will probably be going to Camp Humpherys Maint unit or the 2nd ID Maint unit located at Camp Eagle. I guess they need him as they want him to go in a short period of time. He finds out for sure today and will start his processing by Friday. They should give him 30-60 days to get everything in order. I am excited for him and will be giving him the Dad briefing and my military briefing. They have so much more for the soldiers these days. He will have his internet, cell and a barracks with real heat and electric.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home