.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Farmers Market

A Farmers Market, a great idea for any town and way to show off local products or make fresh fruits and veggies available at a reasonable price. That was last year, this year it is more like a free market. Tee Shirts, souvenirs, and stuff that you might find at a fair and no fresh produce just 2 booths of it. I am a little disappointed in it. Too many booths selling stuff that is not a local product but just like a carnival rip off booth. Could be I am being too hard on a small event but it just seems to have gone down hill from last year. When I hear Farmers Market I expect lots of produce like local farmers showing what they sell. I would love to see a booth from the gentleman that is starting a Churchill County winery or something on some of the fine horses that come out of this area. I want to be sold produce not advertising for the over priced homes in the area or some cheap trinket that will break before I get home. Come on Fallon wake up show everyone here what you have and don’t make this another pit stop on the flea Market circuit. End of Rant

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home