.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Time to Trust a higher Source?

In the short time I have been in Nevada, since Nov 2003, I have come too really like the state and its people. I like my job and the people I work with but the problem finding a good home at a price I can afford is really making me have second thoughts about this being where I want to stay and retire.

I have put my resume back out there but not many people are willing to hire a retired Army guy with not much college and no paper certifications to back up my skills. Never had anyone regret having me work for them as I always find a way to contribute and try to stay current in my skills. Guess I am going to have to take a couple tests like CCNA and MCP to have something to show on my resume.

I am considering looking for work elsewhere and although this is close to my sisters in California and Oregon, my sons and many of our friends are in Texas and Oklahoma. My wife and I both miss our friends and sons a lot.

I hope beyond hope that the trend in the housing market here will reverse but I do not see that happening for several years. Ah such is life. We shall see what the Lord has in store for us. If we are meant to stay in Nevada or a job comes up in Texas Which ever happens I know it will be for the best, for all concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home