.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Housing

Ok it has been a while but not much happens in my everyday life that I need to blog on. I must mention the passing of the Holy Father "John Paul the Great" This is the 5th Pope in my lifetime and has been the most beloved. There are no words that have not all ready been written. He did keep the Church on a steady course and helped to bridge the animosity between different Religions.

Now let us talk about how hard it is to buy a decent house in this town. I looked at 3 houses last week one was a little big, on the upper end of the price range. I walked in the house which had been vacant for a while . First thing I noticed was an oder, then the early 1960's carpet, the walls that were screaming "Paint me". the next two houses had very poorly done garage conversions and one I believe was a safty hazard if a person had kids. On Saturday evening I went out and looked at the Real Estate Web Site There was a 2 Bedroom, 2 bath at a reasonable price. Sunday morning we drove by the location. Very nice looking from the outside. Early Monday I e-mailed my realator and asked to be shown the place. She found out several things, the house had been on the market 4 days, and there were already 4 bidders on the house with at least one over the asking price. Fair enough it was a nice house and reasonabley priced and I might be willing to offer a lot more than what they were asking but I can not see the house they are not showing it any more. Well such is life, this is the 2nd time that has happened. With the prices of the new houses being over $165,000 and not being on city water (arsenic in well water) it may be a long time before I find a house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home