.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Friday, March 11, 2005

Respect those with a little gray!

Wow, it is not often I agree with Neil Cavuto and Fox news, as they are a little too far to the right but this time I think they are correct. I believe that American families do not take good care of their parents and shuffle them off to a convalescent home when they still can enjoy and be enjoyed by their family.

There are still many families who do take care of their parents and respect them and their wishes. My sisters did that. My oldest sister cared for my dad until it got to a point where she could not give him the care he needed and even then she visited him everyday even though most of the time he did not know who she was. She made sure my father had good quality of life till the day he passed away, sleeping in his favorite chair.

This is no longer the norm in American society. It seems like everything is disposable and all the love and caring that was given as a parent is forgotten when the parents grow old and gray, has trouble walking, needs help shopping and other things that only a loving family can provide for them. Those of you who have aging parents, help them out visit them often and return the love they have given to you.

PS Mom & Dad I really miss you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home