.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Old Army's Blog

My Life and Opinions about life in Nevada & now Texas!!!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

I am a Retired Army guy, who is old fashioned and progressive. You know a living oxymoron! My Favorite blogs: http://jetiranger.tripod.com/BLOG/ & http://www.usinkorea.org/

Thursday, April 14, 2005

More of the same old whine

Well, have been looking for a house for over a month now and nothing. There was a 3 BDM that was the right size and price but when I called I was told "Oh, that house had an excepted offer before we even advertised it!" WTF! If you had a buyer why bother advertising it. The way gas prices are I can not afford to live outside of town. Am I doomed to be a renter till I get moved into the old folks home??? I really find this strange and it seems to be just here as even Reno has stuff available. All that is available is out of my current price range and in my opinion over priced. There should be no way a mobile home on an acre or less that is 5+ years old should cost $285,000. The average wage earned by someone in this town is under $50,000 a year. I don't think that many California retirees want to move to Fallon Nevada, but wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Ok I'm off the soap box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home